TSS: Fall is Here!

Although Mother Nature doesn’t seem to get the hint, fall has technically come and with it nearly everything I love about the season. Cool weather is just around the corner (so I hope) and with it weekends spent bundled up in sweaters & scarves, curled up with a great book.

One of the great book events that marks the beginning of Fall is R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril, hosted by Carl from Stainless Steel Droppings, an event that celebrates mystery, suspense, horror, dark fantasy and more. R.I.P is celebrating its 7th anniversary so of course I had to sign up.

Since my own celebration of everything chilling and terrifying (Murder, Monsters & Mayhem) will be starting October 1, participating in this will be relatively easy. While I do not want to reveal all of the books I will be reading, following is just a sample:

Upcoming Releases:

The Twelve by Justin Cronin
Your House is on Fire, Your Children are Gone by Stefan Kiesbye
Black Fridays by Michael Sears
Psychos: Serial Killers, Depraved Madmen, and the Criminally Insane by John Skipp
The Dark Winter by David Mark

Classic Spooky Reads:

I can’t wait to dive in!

In case you missed it, here is a quick wrap-up of what took place on the blog this week:

7 Comments to "TSS: Fall is Here!"

1. Dollycas's Gravatar Dollycas
    Twitter: dollycas
    September 2, 2012 - 10:04 AM | Permalink

The summer slipped by so fast. I wonder what Autumn will bring. Love the spooky reads!

2. Cecelia's Gravatar Cecelia
    Twitter: celialarsen
    September 2, 2012 - 11:04 AM | Permalink

I can’t wait for fall to really arrive, either. It seems like we should have ONE cool day in recognition of the end of summer… *le sigh*

3. September 2, 2012 - 11:12 AM | Permalink

Great-looking stack! I forgot all about The Twelve. Happy reading!

4. Laurie C's Gravatar Laurie C
    Twitter: baystateRA
    September 3, 2012 - 6:48 AM | Permalink

I’m going to need to clear the decks for The Twelve too! Will have to make a note of the release date since I wasn’t one of the lucky ones to get an ARC.

5. September 5, 2012 - 7:42 AM | Permalink

I do so love seeing piles of potential book reads, most especially during the R.I.P. season. I think my tbr pile gets the biggest during these two months of R.I.P. every year.

Thanks so much for taking part again this year. I really do appreciate it and look forward to your thoughts on whatever you choose to imbibe this time around.

6. Natalie ~ the Coffee and a Book Chick's Gravatar Natalie ~ the Coffee and a Book Chick
    Twitter: coffeebookchick
    September 5, 2012 - 9:43 AM | Permalink

I am so excited for The Twelve, I can’t even express it eloquently. I’ve been waiting, waiting, and it’s insane that there’s this much of a break between installments in a series! Argh! Can’t wait for it to come out. I put a hold on it earlier today at the library and I *think* I might be one of the first ones on the list. If I have to wait too long, I’ll just have to buy it, I don’t care! Must read!

7. September 6, 2012 - 9:44 PM | Permalink

I like your book pile. Ghost Song caught my eye, so I had to check it out. The reviews are somewhat mixed. Do you recommend it?