Although Mother Nature doesn’t seem to get the hint, fall has technically come and with it nearly everything I love about the season. Cool weather is just around the corner (so I hope) and with it weekends spent bundled up in sweaters & scarves, curled up with a great book.
One of the great book events that marks the beginning of Fall is R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril, hosted by Carl from Stainless Steel Droppings, an event that celebrates mystery, suspense, horror, dark fantasy and more. R.I.P is celebrating its 7th anniversary so of course I had to sign up.
Since my own celebration of everything chilling and terrifying (Murder, Monsters & Mayhem) will be starting October 1, participating in this will be relatively easy. While I do not want to reveal all of the books I will be reading, following is just a sample:
The Twelve by Justin Cronin
Your House is on Fire, Your Children are Gone by Stefan Kiesbye
Black Fridays by Michael Sears
Psychos: Serial Killers, Depraved Madmen, and the Criminally Insane by John Skipp
The Dark Winter by David Mark
Classic Spooky Reads:
I can’t wait to dive in!
In case you missed it, here is a quick wrap-up of what took place on the blog this week:
- A Month in Review: August 2012
- Frightful Friday: Breed by Chase Novak
- Hemingway’s Girl by Erika Robuck
- A Killing in the Hills by Julia Keller
- Giving Up the Ghost: A Story about Friendship, 80s Rock, a Lost Scrap of Paper, and What It Means to Be Haunted by Eric Nuzum
- Adventures in Parenting: Top Ten Reasons I Love the First Day of School!
Tags: Murders, Monsters, & Mayhem, RIP, The Sunday Salon