It happens to the best of us. Life takes over your blog gets neglected. One way to prevent this is to come up with posts in advance and store them in your drafts until needed.
Problogger lists an excellent idea: mapping out future blog posts based on previous posts.
- Set-up: Get a piece of paper and draw five circles vertically along the paper. In the circles, write the titles of your last five blog posts.
- Extend Your Posts: Take each post and brainstorm ways the post can be extended. Answer a comment left on a previous post. Expand upon your answer. Expand upon an idea or opinion that you may have briefly mentioned in the previous post. For each idea draw a line out from the circle, draw a square (or use a different color) and write the idea inside of it.
- Extend Further: This step is optional. Expand upon the topics you have come up with and you’ll end up with even more post ideas!
Now to the challenge part! You have three options:
* upload an image of your mental mapping onto your blog. Comment on this post and include a link to your post.
* Create a new post based on your mental mapping. Comment on this post and include a link to your post.
* Leave a comment listing at least five of the ideas that you came up with as a result of your mental mapping.
Individuals who complete this challenge will be entered to win a publisher-sponsored prize.