This is the official kick off post for Thankfully Reading 2012. Feel free to link up your kick-off post below, as well as any update posts you have. Don’t have a blog? Not to worry; keep us updated on your progress via the comments. Haven’t signed up yet to participate? Not to worry! There is still plenty of time!
If you don’t know what to post, here are some ideas. But remember there are no rules; feel free to post as little/as much as you like!
- How did you celebrate Thanksgiving?
- What’s in your TBR pile for the weekend?
- How much time do you think you’ll have for reading?
- What book are you starting out with?
- Are you reading print, ebooks, or audio? Maybe a bit each?
- What books will you be sharing at Thanksgiving dinner? Be sure to keep track of any recommendations you receive and share when you have the time.If you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, don’t worry, this is a weekend for everyone throughout the world.
- Pictures and/or vlogs are a great thing to add to your kick-off posts!
Throughout the weekend, feel free to post about your progress or even get some reviews up. Be sure to come back and link up your posts. Then take a break and check out everyone else’s posts. We’re looking forward to seeing how everyone else is celebrating Thankfully Reading Weekend.
Oh and don’t forget that some of your fellow readers will be on Twitter. You can search for Thankfully Reading Weekend tweets and hook up with others by using the hashtag #thankfulreading.
On Sunday afternoon, we’ll post another link-up for your wrap-up post. Tell us how your Thankfully Reading Weekend went. You could give mini-reviews of your books, tell us how many books and which books you read, number of pages, number of hours, and so on. This is a rule-free, contest-free event, so you can wrap up the weekend however you’d like.
On to the challenges!! Today’s (Thursday) challenge is hosted by Jennifer over at Literate Housewife:
WHAT IS YOUR PERFECT READING RECIPE?
What ingredients when combined together make for a perfect read for you? This could be any combination of time, place, book, or refreshments. Does this book and that meal make for sweet reader’s bliss? Or is it this room, that recliner with this type of book make you scheme for reading time to yourself?
To complete this challenge, visit Jennifer’s blog!
With that said, let’s get reading!! Be sure to include your kick-off post (or comments about your plans!) below!
Tags: Thankfully Reading Weekend