Fall 2012 24-Hour Read-a-thon Update Post!

It’s here! It’s here! My excuse to read for 24 hours, uninterrupted! I have piles, yes piles of book set aside to choose from. I don’t believe I’ll read more than 5 or 6 but I like to have my options handy & close by! Here’s my oldest son’s stack of books to choose from:

And mine:

So as not to inundate those who follow my blog and are not participating in the readathon, I have opted to post my updates to my Tumblr page. Not to worry, I’ll post links to each of my updates below.  They will each use the following format: Progress so far:

• Currently reading:
  • Books finished:
  • Pages read:
  • Running total of pages read:
  • Amount of time spent reading:
  • Running total of time spent reading:
  • Snacks eaten:

There we have it! Good luck to all who are participating.

Update #1: 10 AM
Update #2: Noon
Update #3: 2 PM
Update #4: 5 PM
Update #5: 7:40 PM
Update #6: 10:30 PM-Hitting the sack!

10 Comments to "Fall 2012 24-Hour Read-a-thon Update Post!"

1. October 13, 2012 - 8:46 AM | Permalink

Wow, that’s quite a stack! Best of luck with the readathon. Rah, rah, ree! Kick ‘em in the knee … and keep reading! Go Team Smarties!

2. bermudaonion(Kathy)'s Gravatar bermudaonion(Kathy)
    Twitter: bermudaonion
    October 13, 2012 - 8:59 AM | Permalink

It looks like you’re well prepared. Have fun!

3. Darla LaRoche's Gravatar Darla LaRoche
    October 13, 2012 - 9:31 AM | Permalink

Your stack is awesome! Looks like you will have a good variety to choose from. happy reading! Darla

4. October 13, 2012 - 12:11 PM | Permalink

Happy Readathon! Hope your readathon is going well!

5. Buried In Print's Gravatar Buried In Print
    Twitter: buriedinprint
    October 13, 2012 - 12:30 PM | Permalink

Over 500 pages already: you’ve chosen the perfect books! Love your pics. And it’s great that your son’s pile is almost as voluminous as yours.

“I am a very quick reader – I have as I’ve said, very large, squarish eyes that seem to be able to fit over a good patch of the page.” Jane Gardam

Here’s to large, squarish eyes, perfect for Read-a-Thon-ing!
    Keep it up! #cheersmarties

6. October 13, 2012 - 1:19 PM | Permalink

What a fun stack of books! And they are in the heart of the season. Love it! Good luck today. :)

7. October 13, 2012 - 2:12 PM | Permalink

Two books finished already!! Woot woot! Go Team Smarties!! “So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall.” (Roald Dahl)

8. October 13, 2012 - 7:09 PM | Permalink

I am with you. I like to have my options too. Have a huge stack out from the library not to mention the hundreds of books that I personally own. Hope you’re having a great read-a-thon!

9. October 13, 2012 - 7:56 PM | Permalink

I didn’t get a stack of books together this time around. I am reading whatever speaks to me for the moment. I got a late start since I slept in. Hopefully those late hours will be kinder to me since I am well rested. You are doing great! A pumpkin latte sounds good! Keep on reading!

10. October 13, 2012 - 10:23 PM | Permalink

Your book stack is wonderful, and I really like your Halloween theme!