Waiting on Wednesday: Worth Dying For by Lee Child

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

The book I am eagerly anticipating is Lee Child’s Worth Dying For.  I literally just finished listening to the audio of the previous book, 61 Hours and I need me some more Reacher!  Worth Dying For is the 15th book in the Reacher series.

Here is a summary from the publisher:

#1 New York Times-bestselling author Lee Child follows the electrifying 61 Hours with his latest Reacher thriller — a story that hits the ground running and then accelerates all the way to a colossal showdown.

There’s deadly trouble in the corn country of Nebraska…and Jack Reacher walks right into it. First he falls foul of the Duncans, a local clan that has terrified an entire county into submission. But it’s the unsolved case of a missing child, already decades-old, that Reacher can’t let go.

The Duncans want Reacher gone — and it’s not just past secrets they’re trying to hide. They’re awaiting a secret shipment that’s already late — and they have the kind of customers no one can afford to annoy. For, as dangerous as the Duncans are, they’re just the bottom of a criminal food chain stretching halfway around the world.

For Reacher, it would have made much more sense to keep on going, to put some distance between himself and the hard-core trouble that’s bearing down on him.

For Reacher, that was also impossible.

Worth Dying For is the kind of explosive thriller only Lee Child could write and only Jack Reacher could survive — a heart-racing page-turner no suspense fan will want to miss.

I’m in luck, Worth Dying For is scheduled for release on October 19th by Delacorte Press, so I only have around a month to wait!

What book are you waiting for?

16 Comments to "Waiting on Wednesday: Worth Dying For by Lee Child"

1. September 15, 2010 - 9:21 AM | Permalink

I have never read Lee Child but I constantly hear good things…maybe I’ll try one now :)
    Hope you enjoy this!

2. Nicole's Gravatar Nicole
    Twitter: nicoleboniagmail.com
    September 15, 2010 - 9:23 AM | Permalink

Just when I had decided to read 61 Hours, he has a new one out. Can I start in the middle of this series? Reacher seems to have a lot of books. What is the best bok to start with if you can’t start at the beginning?

3. Coffee and a Book Chick's Gravatar Coffee and a Book Chick
    Twitter: coffeebookchick
    September 15, 2010 - 9:32 AM | Permalink

I’ve been hearing quite a bit on the crushes everyone has on Reacher — I’m going to have check this out!

4. September 15, 2010 - 9:45 AM | Permalink

I know how you love that series so I hope you don’t have to wait too long!

5. Laurel-Rain Snow's Gravatar Laurel-Rain Snow
    Twitter: laurelrainsnow
    September 15, 2010 - 9:49 AM | Permalink

Wow, this does sound exciting! I’ve been meaning to read this series…

Here’s mine:

6. September 15, 2010 - 10:04 AM | Permalink

I hadn’t heard of this book before now and it could be a great book to read. I hope you enjoy it when it’s released :)

Here’s my WOW for the week

7. kaye's Gravatar kaye
    September 15, 2010 - 10:14 AM | Permalink

Sounds like you liked 61 Hours – good to know! I want to read that one. Here’s my WoW

8. Felicia's Gravatar Felicia
    September 15, 2010 - 2:17 PM | Permalink

I am so looking forward to Worth Dying For. I’ve missed Jack.

9. Pop Culture Nerd's Gravatar Pop Culture Nerd
    Twitter: popculturenerd
    September 20, 2010 - 1:01 PM | Permalink

I’ve read WORTH DYING FOR and it’s spectacular, Jen, even better than 61 HOURS. It’s worth the wait!

10. Pop Culture Nerd's Gravatar Pop Culture Nerd
    Twitter: popculturenerd
    September 20, 2010 - 1:03 PM | Permalink

Oops, sorry for omitting the extra “n” in your name! I was typing too fast.

11. Pop Culture Nerd's Gravatar Pop Culture Nerd
    Twitter: popculturenerd
    September 20, 2010 - 1:33 PM | Permalink

Yes, it was the first one where that happened. I like how Child is changing things up. That continues with WDF, in which something happens to Reacher that’s never happened before.

(How do you like that? I managed to end TWO sentences with a preposition.)

12. Orion's Gravatar Orion
    September 25, 2010 - 6:43 AM | Permalink

My sisters and I have been debating the end of 61 Hours so we are ALL excited for the release of the next Jack Reacher fix. Bring it on!

13. wade's Gravatar wade
    September 28, 2010 - 8:42 AM | Permalink

Half craving through Worth Dying For. I am a Reacher fan for months by now and sadly, I am kinda disappointed at the start. Child didn’t even mention the bombing or anything from 61 Hours apart from Reacher’s bruises… so all of it we need to figure it to ourselves, (in which I hope Child wants us to) but apart from that, it is like an average type Reacher novel and the plot is… quite good actually. Reacher looks like a stand-alone hero again. XD