Kicking Off Book Blogger Appreciation Week!

It’s here! It’s here! The week we’ve all been waiting for, Book Blogger Appreciation Week!  This will be my second year officially participating in BBAW, a week in which we all celebrate book blogs.

The amazing folks on the BBAW Committee have come up with daily topics to post about. Today’s topic: first treasures!  What’s a great new book blog you’ve discovered since last year’s BBAW?

I obviously can’t write about just one blog, so I’ve chosen five blogs I’ve discovered in the past year. I discovered most of these blogs on Twitter (if you haven’t signed up yet, you really must!) So, without further ado:

Michelle @ My Books, My Life: I got to meet Michelle at BEA this year.  While she & I don’t see eye to eye on sports, she has an great sense of humor and has a pretty excellent blog! She’s also very active on Twitter.

Kelly from Kelly Vision. Kelly is another local blogger who reads a tremendous amount of books!  She’s a fan of horror movies (yay!) and Stephen King, my idol.  She also has an adorable dog named Sam.

Megan @ Po(sey) Sessions: I recently discovered something we both have in common: the love of zombie fiction! Anyone who loves zombie fiction is A+ in my book!

Michelle @ That’s What She Read (formerly Michelle’s Masterful Musings): Michelle is also a full-time working mom of two, so I feel we have a lot in common. She also likes to read about vampires (including THAT book series with vampires that sparkle, but I don’t hold it against her!), so again, she’s A+ in my book!

Amanda @ A Patchwork of Books.  Amanda is a DC area blogger who blogs about children’s books & YA.  We only live about half an hour away from one another but haven’t yet had the chance to meet yet.  Amanda works at my FAVORITE indie children’s bookstore, Hooray For Books.  Yes, I’m extremely jealous.

Ok, I literally could go on and on, but I’ll stop here! Be sure to share your first treasures over on the BBAW blog!

34 Comments to "Kicking Off Book Blogger Appreciation Week!"

1. Meg's Gravatar Meg
    Twitter: writemeg
    September 13, 2010 - 9:15 AM | Permalink

Looks like I have several awesome new places to explore here — and I’m particularly excited that one is from the D.C. area! I love finding more local bloggers; it adds a whole new dimension to my experience with their thoughts knowing that they’re from the same place I am, if that makes any sense?

2. Alex's Gravatar Alex
    Twitter: vanplank
    September 13, 2010 - 9:17 AM | Permalink

Please check out my horror fiction blog. I update it regularly with short extracts and flash fiction, from zombie, vampire and werewolf tales to more subtle horror climates.

3. September 13, 2010 - 9:27 AM | Permalink

Thanks for the mention! :) (AND the mention of Sam!)

And how excited are you for the new Stephen King in November? :)

4. September 13, 2010 - 9:33 AM | Permalink

What a great list! And hey, your DC blogger isn’t on our local bloggers database – definitely invite her to add herself so we can all connect for upcoming events. :)

5. Alex's Gravatar Alex
    Twitter: vanplank
    September 13, 2010 - 9:37 AM | Permalink

Please all visit http://www.hideous-mind.blogspot.com for some of the best horror fiction around. Something to suit all of the horror enthusiasts tastes.

6. Amanda's Gravatar Amanda
    Twitter: pookasluagh
    September 13, 2010 - 9:38 AM | Permalink

What great choices!

7. September 13, 2010 - 10:15 AM | Permalink

You’ve listed a few bloggers I don’t know yet, so I’m off to explore! :)

8. September 13, 2010 - 10:32 AM | Permalink

I adore A Patchwork of Books. So hard to decide which blogs to highlight, isn’t it?!

9. Charlie's Gravatar Charlie
    Twitter: CarnelianValley
    September 13, 2010 - 10:32 AM | Permalink

So many blogs I’ve been to today I’ve known of none from their lists, it’s nice to be able to say I actively follow a couple listed here!

10. Jen Forbus's Gravatar Jen Forbus
    Twitter: jenforbus
    September 13, 2010 - 10:40 AM | Permalink

Very nice recognition of deserving bloggers, Jenn! Happy Book Blogger Appreciation Week to YOU!

11. sakura's Gravatar sakura
    Twitter: chasingbawa
    September 13, 2010 - 10:46 AM | Permalink

I love the way everyone’s been writing about more than one blog:) But then, how can you choose? I haven’t come across these blogs before so I’ll be checking them out too!

12. Sheila DeChantal's Gravatar Sheila DeChantal
    Twitter: bookjourney
    September 13, 2010 - 10:55 AM | Permalink

I love this post and I love it when we recognize other blogs and bloggers – so fun and great picks that I going to go peek at in a non stalking sort of way :)

13. Michelle's Gravatar Michelle
    Twitter: michelleerin
    September 13, 2010 - 10:57 AM | Permalink

Thanks so much, Jenn! I also like that you refer to me as “very active on Twitter.” Is that a nice way of saying I tweet too much?

Go Blue!!!

14. September 13, 2010 - 11:22 AM | Permalink

All of those are new to me so Im off to have a nosey, thanks for featuring these!

15. Shanyn's Gravatar Shanyn
    Twitter: shanynlee
    September 13, 2010 - 11:38 AM | Permalink

I love Michelle and Megan, too :) Looks like I need to check out the rest of your list!

16. Serena's Gravatar Serena
    Twitter: SavvyVerseWit
    September 13, 2010 - 12:02 PM | Permalink

Everyone has such great suggestions!

17. Beth F's Gravatar Beth F
    Twitter: BethFishReads
    September 13, 2010 - 12:22 PM | Permalink

Phew!!! I actually already read these blogs. Great choices to spotlight!

18. Meredith's Gravatar Meredith
    Twitter: McMer314
    September 13, 2010 - 1:10 PM | Permalink

These are great – I look forward to reading them. I think there should be a new category next year: blogs found from Twitter. Nearly everyone I’ve read today found their blogs on Twitter.

19. September 13, 2010 - 2:26 PM | Permalink

Five excellent choices!

20. September 13, 2010 - 3:13 PM | Permalink

I’m enjoying discovering all these new blogs today!

21. September 13, 2010 - 3:46 PM | Permalink

Yea! More new blogs to check out. Thanks Jenn.
    Sports and zombies, huh? I just started listening to a pretty good live action podcast about a zombie apocalypse called We’re Alive on I tunes. I like it so far and makes for good listening during knitting. Haven’t read any zombie books though. The shame, I know.

22. Florinda's Gravatar Florinda
    Twitter: florinda_3rs
    September 13, 2010 - 4:13 PM | Permalink

Great list! I read both of the Michelles myself.

23. Laurel-Rain Snow's Gravatar Laurel-Rain Snow
    Twitter: laurelrainsnow
    September 13, 2010 - 4:23 PM | Permalink

The blogs you mentioned are new to me, so I’m going to check them out. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

24. September 13, 2010 - 8:37 PM | Permalink

Thanks for dropping by my BBAW First Treasure post. I know what you mean about Twitter! I didn’t want to sign up before but now I couldn’t imagine life without it. I’ve met so many book blogger friends because of Twitter.

25. September 13, 2010 - 8:39 PM | Permalink

Those are all new to me blogs! This is what I love most about BBAW week! I can’t wait to check out the blogs listed.

26. Megan's Gravatar Megan
    Twitter: toadacious1
    September 13, 2010 - 9:17 PM | Permalink

Hey, you’ve spotlighted a few of my favorite people to chat with on Twitter, and a few bloggers that are new to me, too!

27. Michelle's Gravatar Michelle
    Twitter: whatsheread
    September 13, 2010 - 9:58 PM | Permalink

Thanks for the mention! So glad you don’t hold my love of all things of a series that should not be named against me!

28. Heather's Gravatar Heather
    Twitter: proudbooknerd
    September 13, 2010 - 10:13 PM | Permalink

Thanks for visiting Proud Book Nerd! You have a lovely blog.

29. Care's Gravatar Care
    Twitter: BkClubCare
    September 14, 2010 - 8:34 AM | Permalink

Your area of the world has more than a few awesome bloggers. A few of these I know, but most are new to me. I love BBAW!