YA-Dystopian Reading Challenge

dystopia_sml

I was so excited to learn that Bart decided to host a YA Dystopian reading challenge!  I’ve been reading quite a bit of this genre lately and always love it when I can find a challenge that meets my current reading taste.

Here are the basics about the challenge:

I plan on reading four books.  They are:
The Knife of Never Letting Go: Chaos Walking: Book One by Patrick Ness
The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
the dead and the gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer

I’m pretty excited! These books are on my list to read during the Read-a-thon, so technically I may finish this challenge in one weekend!

Sounds like a pretty fabulous challenge, right?  So what are you waiting for? Head over to Bart’s Bookshelf and sign up now!!

9 Comments to "YA-Dystopian Reading Challenge"

1. October 3, 2009 - 8:41 PM | Permalink

This is perfect for you! Have fun with it!

2. October 3, 2009 - 9:31 PM | Permalink

I am an enthusiastic fan of The Knife of Never Letting Go and it’s sequel The Ask and the Answer. I can’t wait to hear what you think of them. When finishing, if you’re interested in joining a discussion group on FaceBook, please consider this an invite! And anyone else, too! Chaos Walking Series Discussion Group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109855269768&ref=ts
    There are lots of interesting themes in these two books. Enjoy!

3. October 3, 2009 - 10:00 PM | Permalink

It is funny you posted about this challenge. I just finished Feed tonight for an English Comp class. Good luck with the challenge.

4. October 3, 2009 - 10:54 PM | Permalink

I’m so excited for this challenge. I think I’m going to read the first two that you have listed as part of the challenge as well! :)

5. Bart's Bookshelf's Gravatar Bart's Bookshelf
    Twitter: bartsbooks
    October 4, 2009 - 5:11 AM | Permalink

So glad to have you aboard! Hope you have a lot of fun with it!

6. Kelly B's Gravatar Kelly B
    Twitter: kellyblackwell
    October 4, 2009 - 7:39 PM | Permalink

This sounds absolutely fabulous! I am glad you posted your list too. My son put two on his wish list. :)

7. October 4, 2009 - 10:22 PM | Permalink

Hi! I gave you a book award over on my blog :)

8. October 5, 2009 - 6:46 AM | Permalink

I’ve got to write up my post for this challenge as well. You know how I love dystopian!

I’ll likely include book two of Marsden, book two of Pfeffer and book one of Ness in my listing. I hope you enjoy Pfeffer, I read it some time ago and found it an interesting read.

9. S. Krishna's Gravatar S. Krishna
    Twitter: skrishna
    October 6, 2009 - 5:11 PM | Permalink

I wanted to join this challenge, but I realized I’m stretched a bit thin between now and December – maybe next year!

1 Trackback to "YA-Dystopian Reading Challenge"

1. on October 6, 2010 at 5:06 PM