This is the official kick off post for Thankfully Reading! Instead of braving the crowds and shopping this weekend, we’re spending our time curled up with a book!
Feel free to link up your kick-off post below, as well as any update posts you have. Don’t have a blog? Don’t worry! You can keep us updated on your progress in the comments below, on Instagram or Twitter (use #thankfullyreading or make sure you tag me so I can see it!) Haven’t signed up yet to participate? Not to worry! There is still plenty of time!
If you don’t know what to post, here are some ideas. But remember there are no rules; feel free to post as little/as much as you like!
- How will/did you celebrate Thanksgiving?
- What’s in your TBR pile for the weekend?
- How much time do you think you’ll have for reading?
- What book are you starting out with?
- Are you reading print, ebooks, or audio? Maybe a bit each?
- What books will you be talking about during Thanksgiving dinner? Be sure to keep track of any recommendations you receive and share when you have the time.If you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, don’t worry, this is a weekend for everyone throughout the world.
- Pictures and/or vlogs are a great thing to add to your kick-off posts!
Throughout the weekend, feel free to post about your progress or even get some reviews up. Be sure to come back and link up your posts. Then take a break and check out everyone else’s posts. We’re looking forward to seeing how everyone else is celebrating Thankfully Reading Weekend.
Oh and don’t forget that some of your fellow readers will be on Twitter. You can search for Thankfully Reading Weekend tweets and hook up with others by using the hashtag #thankfullyreading.
On Sunday afternoon, we’ll post another link-up for your wrap-up post. Tell us how your Thankfully Reading Weekend went. You could give mini-reviews of your books, tell us how many books and which books you read, number of pages, number of hours, and so on. This is a rule-free, contest-free event, so you can wrap up the weekend however you’d like.