This is the official kick off post for Thankfully Reading 2010. Feel free to link up your kick-off post to the Mr. Linky below, as well as any update posts you have.
If you don’t know what to post, here are some ideas. But remember there are no rules; you do not need to post during the weekend!
- How did you celebrate Thanksgiving?
- What’s in your TBR pile for the weekend?
- How much time do you think you’ll have for reading?
- What book are you starting out with?
- Are you reading print, ebooks, or audio? Maybe a bit each?
- What books did you discuss at Thanksgiving? Did you get any recommendations you can share?
- If you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, don’t worry, this is a weekend for everyone throughout the world.
Pictures are a great thing to add to your kick-off posts! Here are a few pictures of my Thankfully Reading Weekend Plans:
My reading spot
The stack of books I plan to read
Throughout the weekend, feel free to post about your progress or even get some reviews up. Be sure to come back and link up your posts. Then take a break and check out everyone else’s posts. We’re looking forward to seeing how everyone else is celebrating Thankfully Reading Weekend.
Oh and don’t forget that some of your fellow readers will be on Twitter. You can search for Thankfully Reading Weekend tweets and hook up with others by using the hashtag #thankfulreading.
On Sunday afternoon, we’ll post another Mr. Linky for your wrap-up post. Tell us how your Thankfully Reading Weekend went. You could give mini-reviews of your books, tell us how many books and which books you read, number of pages, number of hours, and so on. This is a rule-free, contest-free event, so you can wrap up the weekend however you’d like.
Check back later today for information about the mini-challenges taking place over the course of the weekend!
With that said, let’s get reading!!