Waiting on Wednesday: The Night Season by Chelsea Cain

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

The book I’m eagerly awaiting is THE NIGHT SEASON by Chelsea Cain. It’s the fourth book in Chelsea’s Beauty Killer series.  I literally yelled with excitement yesterday when I read about it on Twitter.  Here is a synopsis from the publisher:

Chelsea Cain launches the next stage of her bestselling series as Archie Sheridan works to regain his life and Susan Ward steps in to share the spotlight in this electric thriller from one of today’s most talented suspense writers.

With Beauty Killer Gretchen Lowell locked away behind bars once again, Portland detective Archie Sheridan can finally rest. Meanwhile, the city of Portland is in crisis. Several people have drowned in heavy rains that have flooded the Willamette River. But the medical examiner discovers that in fact the latest victim was poisoned before she went into the water—she didn’t drown. A little detective work shows that so far three of those previously thought to be accidental drownings have actually been murdered. Portland has a new serial killer on its hands, and Archie and his task force have a new case. Meanwhile reporter Susan Ward is following up on an entirely separate mystery: the dramatic flooding has unearthed a skeleton, a man who might have died during catastrophic flooding more than sixty years ago that washed away an entire neighborhood and killed at least 15 people.

As Archie follows the bizarre trail of evidence and evil deeds to catch his killer, he has to battle the rising waters of the Willamette first.

I’m literally aching to get my hands on a copy of this book! I’ve been a Chelsea Cain fan from the beginning! As a matter of fact, during Dectectives Around the World, hosted by Jen’s Book Thoughts,  I did a spotlight on Chelsea Cain’s Portland.

THE NIGHT SEASON is scheduled for release by Minotaur Books on March 1, 2011.  Over seven months to wait…however will I do it!?

11 Comments to "Waiting on Wednesday: The Night Season by Chelsea Cain"

1. Trisha's Gravatar Trisha
    Twitter: Trish422
    August 25, 2010 - 8:41 AM | Permalink

This sort of excited anticipatory bliss is one of the reasons I love series so much. Even though waiting for the next installment can be horribly frustrating, it is so wonderful to know that there will be another.

2. August 25, 2010 - 9:13 AM | Permalink

Waiting stinks, but at the same time I kind of like it—I love having something to look forward to!

3. Erica's Gravatar Erica
    Twitter: ericabrooke
    August 25, 2010 - 10:16 AM | Permalink

I skipped reading the description since I’m behind in the series (have only read the first two. This is the fourth? fifth?) but I’m looking forward to catching up.

4. Kt's Gravatar Kt
    August 25, 2010 - 11:19 AM | Permalink

I hope you enjoy your book!

Here is my Waiting on Wednesday Post

Be sure to check out my 100 Followers Contest Here:
    A Book Obsession..

5. August 25, 2010 - 12:10 PM | Permalink

I haven’t heard of this author but you sound like you’re a fan! Nice pick. My WOW is at The Crowded Leaf.

6. Carrie (nomadreader)'s Gravatar Carrie (nomadreader)
    Twitter: nomadreader
    August 25, 2010 - 12:16 PM | Permalink

Ah! I did not hear about the new one. Just last week, I investigated if there were any new details. I cannot wait either! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

7. kaye's Gravatar kaye
    August 25, 2010 - 1:02 PM | Permalink

Glad to see you so excited about a book release. Enjoy it when it comes out. Nothing better than an author you really like and they come out with a new one.

8. Ann Marie's Gravatar Ann Marie
    August 25, 2010 - 2:39 PM | Permalink

Great pick,I will have to check out her other books. Thanks for the heads up :)

9. Jackie B Central Texas's Gravatar Jackie B Central Texas
    Twitter: jacabur1
    August 25, 2010 - 3:23 PM | Permalink

Jenn, now you have me excited for you and also adding the series to my looking into and wishing to read list…

My WOW today are both out end of August

jackie ^_^

10. August 25, 2010 - 3:57 PM | Permalink

Everyone seems to love Chelsea Cain’s work – I definitely need to try it!

11. Christi's Gravatar Christi
    August 26, 2010 - 8:58 AM | Permalink

Thanks for posting this–I’ve been so waiting for this next book! Fantastic series!