Waiting on Wednesday: Faithful Place by Tana French

faithfulplace

Words cannot describe how excited I was when I learned from Trish that Tana French is releasing another book.  I’m a huge fan of French’s writing; I totally engulfed The Likeness  and In the Woods when I read them.  They completely took over my life; I wanted to devote all my time to reading them.

Here’s a summary of Faithful Place from Amazon:

The course of Frank Mackey’s life was set by one defining moment when he was nineteen. The moment his girlfriend, Rosie Daly, failed to turn up for their rendezvous in Faithful Place, failed to run away with him to London as they had planned. Frank never heard from her again. Twenty years on, Frank is still in Dublin, working as an undercover cop. He’s cut all ties with his dysfunctional family. Until his sister calls to say that Rosie’s suitcase has been found. Frank embarks on a journey into his past that demands he reevaluate everything he believes to be true.

Sounds great, doesn’t it!?  Faithful Place is scheduled to be published on July 13, 2010.

8 Comments to "Waiting on Wednesday: Faithful Place by Tana French"

1. January 13, 2010 - 11:28 AM | Permalink

I haven’t read anything from the author. This book does sound great. I’ll have to remember to check out one of her books.

2. January 13, 2010 - 2:11 PM | Permalink

Ooh, it really does sound good! Great pick.

3. January 13, 2010 - 2:22 PM | Permalink

I love Tana French too..didn’t realize she was releasing a new book..ty for the heads up!

4. January 13, 2010 - 2:28 PM | Permalink

I have heard so much about this author…and I’m completely out of the loop! I need to put this one on my list and get caught up on the others in the meantime. Great pick…

5. Lenore's Gravatar Lenore
    Twitter: lenoreva
    January 13, 2010 - 3:05 PM | Permalink

I am sooo excited! THE LIKENESS is one of my all time favorite books and IN THE WOODS was pretty great too.

6. January 13, 2010 - 8:48 PM | Permalink

I have a feeling a lot of people are waiting for this one!

7. January 14, 2010 - 9:09 PM | Permalink

I came here from Jill’s waiting on Wednesday post, it’s interesting to see how everybody has an upcoming new release that they want to read, and every body is so different. I don’t have any now and I won’t have any in 2010 because I have bought too many books in the past and I haven’t caught up with my reading. I started my blog because I wanted to start documenting all the books that I bought and they are sitting in my house suffocating me…. I am slowly documenting them in the wish list section of my blog, so I can look at it and be reminded everyday that I have all these books lying in my shelf, underneath my bed, in my closet, on my dining table and kitchen counter that I had not even opened….I think I must have obsessive book buying behavior…

8. Pam's Gravatar Pam
    January 16, 2010 - 7:22 AM | Permalink

I have yet to read any French but I have Likeness on my shelf. I need to get there already!