When I read about this challenge J.Kaye is sponsoring, I knew it was the perfect challenge for me!
The rules are very simple:
1. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate.
2. There are four levels:
–The Mini – Check out and read 25 library books.
–Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.
–Stepping It Up – Check out and read 75 library books.
–Super Size Me – Check out and read 100 library books.
(Aim high. As long as you read 25 by the end of 2010, you are a winner.)
3. Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Young Reader – any book as long as it is checked out from the library count. Checked out like with a library card, not purchased at a library sale.
4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
5. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
6. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010.
Easy peasy, right? Since I’m trying to cut down on the amount of money I spend each month on books, I’ve been going to the library pretty frequently. I think this will be an easy challenge for me to fulfill! Therefore, I’m going for the “Just My Size” level and will attempt to read 50 library books next year.
Once the challenge has started, I will add a button to the sidebar so you can check in and view my progress!
Interested in signing up? Visit J.Kaye’s blog now!