Thankfully Reading Weekend: Wrap Up Post

Hi everyone! Here’s the place to link up your wrap-up post from Thankfully Reading Weekend. Whether you’ve linked up 10 posts or none to Friday’s Mr. Linky, here’s where you can tell everyone how the weekend went.

Again, this is your weekend that you enjoyed your way. You can include whatever you want in your wrap-up post. If you need some prompts, here are a few questions:

• Did you read as much as you hoped?
  • How many books did you finish and what were the titles?
  • For how many hours did you manage to escape into your books?
  • Did anyone else in your family take time to read?
  • What was the winner for the weekend?

We hope you enjoyed the relaxing, reading weekend. We were definitely grateful for our weekend of reading fun.  This is an activity that we hope to continue year after year!

I personally wanted to thank Candace from Beth Fish Reads, my twitter partner-in-crime.  Candace also stepped in when my crazy schedule took over, commenting on every Thankfully Reading post & link.Thank you Jen from Devourer of books for her mini-challenge & for tweeting about Thankfully Reading Weekend!

Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets — Auto-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

21 Comments to "Thankfully Reading Weekend: Wrap Up Post"

1. Lynne Perednia's Gravatar Lynne Perednia
    Twitter: Perednia
    November 28, 2010 - 6:17 PM | Permalink

This was a great excuse to spend time reading instead of shopping! Never get as much of the former done as I’d like and the latter can still be done the next two weekends.

Thanks for doing this!

2. Janet's Gravatar Janet
    Twitter: RaeOhio
    November 28, 2010 - 7:18 PM | Permalink

I managed to complete two books. One is “Call Me Mrs Miracle” by Debbie Macomber. I loved it. The movie was on Hallmark last – the book is better. I also completed “Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor” by Lisa Kleypas. It was a nice holiday read. Now I’m on “Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball” by Donita Paul. I guess you can see I’m on a holiday roll. It’s nice after just reading the newest James Patterson and David Baldacci. I’m not sure how much time I got in and yes, two other family members read. If only there were more time and less chores!

3. Melissa W.'s Gravatar Melissa W.
    Twitter: melissawiebe
    November 28, 2010 - 7:56 PM | Permalink

Didn’t read as much as I wanted to. I got really busy over Friday and Saturday and was only able to do it on Sunday for a few hours. I did manage to get the book that I wanted to get done.

4. November 28, 2010 - 8:11 PM | Permalink

Thanks for hosting the Thankfully Reading Weekend. I read more than I would have otherwise and enjoyed following the other readers.

5. November 28, 2010 - 10:03 PM | Permalink

Thanks for hosting this!

I read two books (Betsy In Spite of Herself and Betsy was a Junior) and half of another, Betsy and Joe. I think I would have finished the third had I not realized that I only have a few Betsy-Tacy books left in the series. I took a break from the book, but all the while, I had Betsy, Tacy, Tib, Joe, and the rest of The Crowd in the back of my mind. I’ll be very sorry when it ends!

6. Kirsten's Gravatar Kirsten
    Twitter: aglaia531
    November 29, 2010 - 1:31 AM | Permalink

thank you so much; this was exactly what I needed in order to maintain some semblance of sanity over what could have been a very stressful few days!

7. Beth F's Gravatar Beth F
    Twitter: BethFishReads
    November 29, 2010 - 7:41 AM | Permalink

Thank *you* for taking over most of the public hosting duties. I love this event and am looking forward to thinking about next year.

I finish one book I had already started and started and finished two others. Then got a good head start on a fourth. All in all a fun weekend.

Consider this comment my wrap-up post. :)

8. November 29, 2010 - 8:17 AM | Permalink

Thank you for hosting!!! I didn’t get in as much reading as I had wanted to. But, I did finish 1 book, wrote and posted the review and started the next book in my tbr pile. Hoping there will be more Read-A-Thons in the future!!!

9. Jen Forbus's Gravatar Jen Forbus
    Twitter: jenforbus
    November 29, 2010 - 8:42 AM | Permalink

I blended my wrap up into today’s holiday recommendation post. It was a great weekend of reading for me, and I’m so glad I dedicated extra time. Thankfully Reading encouraged me to do that. I probably wouldn’t have otherwise. I have to remind myself every once in awhile when I get overwhelmed with other blog “projects” that I do this because I love to read. If I get so busy I don’t have time to read, what’s the point? Loved the weekend. Thanks Jenn!!

10. Caitie F's Gravatar Caitie F
    Twitter: caitief
    November 29, 2010 - 9:54 AM | Permalink

I didn’t get to read as much as I had hoped, but I did finish my main goal! Thanks for hosting – I hope to participate again next year!

11. Gina - Hott Books's Gravatar Gina - Hott Books
    Twitter: hottbooks
    November 29, 2010 - 10:43 AM | Permalink

Thanks! This was fun!

12. Melissa's Gravatar Melissa
    Twitter: bettyandboo
    November 29, 2010 - 12:04 PM | Permalink

Thanks so much for hosting this … it has become one of my favorite weekends of the year. :)

13. November 29, 2010 - 1:02 PM | Permalink

This was fun! I ended up reading only two books, Almost Heaven by Chris Fabry and Hell’s Corner by David Baldacci. The rest of the weekend I watched the first two seasons of The Sopranos. I got stuck on it during one of my reading breaks so I did 3 hours of reading and then 3 hours of Sopranos. It worked well for me and felt like a double treat!

Thank you all! I’ll be getting around to blog posts in the next couple of days.

14. iubookgirl's Gravatar iubookgirl
    Twitter: iubookgirl
    November 29, 2010 - 3:26 PM | Permalink

Thanks for hosting! I hope you had a successful Thankfully Reading Weekend!

15. Alleluialu's Gravatar Alleluialu
    Twitter: Alleluialu
    November 29, 2010 - 11:14 PM | Permalink

Technically, I guess the weekend was over yesterday for most people, but my weekend lasted until today and I spent most of it finishing up “Catching Fire” by Suzanne Collins. I want to just dive in to “Mockingjay” now, but I’m going to wait and rest my eyes for tonight. Thanks for hosting this challenge! It was fun! I also read a Christmas book – “The Christmas Cat” by Julie Beard, Jo Beverley, Barbara Bretton and Lynn Kurland.

16. Dusky Literati's Gravatar Dusky Literati
    Twitter: duskyliterati
    November 30, 2010 - 7:35 AM | Permalink

I did finish the two books I started the weekend with: The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick and Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I had hoped to get more reading done but it was really crazy this Thanksgiving instead of being relaxing. Lots of demand on my time from neighbors, family members, and even work. Ugh! Hopefully my time off at Christmas will allow more time for relaxing and reading. Thanks to the hosts for the challenges.