Thankfully Reading Weekend: Day Two!

Day two of Thankfully Reading Weekend is here! How did everyone fare yesterday?  I admit; I didn’t get nearly as much reading done as I would have liked.  My boys were home with me while my husband worked.  Eventually, we had to brave the crowds just so I could get them out of the house!

Today presents the same problem.  We’re off to get our Christmas pictures taken.  I’ll have my book in tow, but I really don’t feel like dealing with the mall crowd today!

Check back later today for more information on today’s mini-challenge.  Keep reading, keep relaxing.  Hopefully I’ll be joining you this afternoon!

Edited: Day Two’s Mini-Challenge is now up at Beth Fish Reads. All you have to do is post a picture of your TBR or of one of your bookshelves. Easy peasy!

12 Comments to "Thankfully Reading Weekend: Day Two!"

1. Michelle's Gravatar Michelle
    Twitter: michelleerin
    November 27, 2010 - 8:27 AM | Permalink

I’m reading this morning until everyone else gets up. Very thankful for the alone time. :)

2. Susan C.'s Gravatar Susan C.
    Twitter: crutch9
    November 27, 2010 - 10:33 AM | Permalink

Starting on my third book this morning!

3. Jenna P's Gravatar Jenna P
    Twitter: littlebirdreads
    November 27, 2010 - 10:35 AM | Permalink

Sounds busy! Glad you made it back alive from Black Friday crowds… good luck today! :)

4. Beth F's Gravatar Beth F
    Twitter: BethFishReads
    November 27, 2010 - 10:43 AM | Permalink

I could have done better yesterday. I finished one book (that had been started last week) and that’s it. I plan to read the afternoon away while the football game is on the TV

5. Jen Forbus's Gravatar Jen Forbus
    Twitter: jenforbus
    November 27, 2010 - 10:46 AM | Permalink

I accomplished more than I anticipated yesterday! Well, Thursday night and yesterday. Can’t believe I finished a whole book, but then again, it WAS Crais. Have to do a little blog work and some house work early today, then going to start on book #3 this evening! Yay for these long weekends. We should have them EVERY week!

6. November 27, 2010 - 10:50 AM | Permalink

I could have done better too. I did get over 100 pages read though and caught up on my google reader. I’m hoping to read most of the day today while I tackle some laundry.

7. Mandy (The Well-Read Wife)'s Gravatar Mandy (The Well-Read Wife)
    Twitter: wellreadwife
    November 27, 2010 - 12:09 PM | Permalink

I managed to finish Sisters Red last night, but I stayed up ’til 3am to do so. I’m a little sleepy today!

8. Janet's Gravatar Janet
    Twitter: RaeOhio
    November 27, 2010 - 12:14 PM | Permalink

I’ve read two books so far! OK, so they’re easy and fun but still good for me. I’m thankful for this weekend of reading…especially when cable and internet crashed last night. Repair guy comes tomorrow but at least today it’s working some.

9. Leslie's Gravatar Leslie
    Twitter: undermyappletre
    November 27, 2010 - 12:20 PM | Permalink

I did ok. I got 75 pages read of Three Seconds and listened to the last few hours of the audio book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle which I had already started. Today I have an afternoon of errands and hopefully more reading tonight.

10. November 27, 2010 - 4:56 PM | Permalink

Hope you are able to get some reading time in today. I spend most of the morning snuggled in bed reading! Listened to my audiobook while I took a walk this afternoon.

11. November 27, 2010 - 5:16 PM | Permalink

I haven’t been able to read much today, but I kinda expected that. The good thing is that I was in the car for close to 2 hours and was able to listen to an audio book.

12. Susan C.'s Gravatar Susan C.
    Twitter: crutch9
    November 27, 2010 - 8:09 PM | Permalink

I have updated my blog on what I have been reading during Thankfully Reading Weekend!